The identity of Refuge Church is based on a 3-part vision:
Together we recognize our worth in the Lord’s eyes as we walk alongside of each other in joy, in brokenness, and in hurt. We live out the reality that God is our refuge as we provide a safe and accepting place for those who are near to Christ and those who are far away.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2 (NIV)
Together we draw closer to the Lord, we receive His healing, and we grow to be more like Jesus. We respond to His goodness and Glory through worship, the study of His Word, and intentional living in relationship with Him.
Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25:4-5 (NIV)
Together we engage the community around us and the greater world of lost souls through missional living. We equip ourselves to live out our faith while teaching and training others in the way that leads to salvation and eternal life.
Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
Matthew 28:18-19 (NIV)
refuge church is converge congregation
- We believe the Bible, God's Word, is the absolute truth and the final authority for every aspect of life.
- We believe Jesus, through His death and resurrection, provides our only hope for salvation.
- We believe lost people matter to God and we will strive to introduce them to Him in our neighborhoods, our community and the world.
- We believe the development of Christ-centered, loving relationships among followers of Jesus creates a community within which we grow, serve, support and challenge one another.
- We believe prayer is a vital connection to God and everything we attempt to do must be birthed and bathed in prayer.
- We believe God alone is worthy of worship and we were created to worship Him.
- We believe consistent personal and corporate Bible study and the teaching of Biblical principles are essential.
- We believe followers of Christ have each been given one or more spiritual gifts to discover and use as intended by God.
- We believe followers of Christ are to be faithful stewards of their time, resources and abilities.